It’s been a tough week for me. I was troubled by all that was going on, what it meant for me and what I should do. I couldn’t focus, let alone be productive. There is definitely something we are wrestling in the spirit. (For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12). But the breakthrough is near and we should not lose heart.
This morning, John15:4 was brought to my attention. (Remain in me as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.) It hit me! Fruitfulness will only come when you are rooted in the vine, and that is in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit prompted me to rearrange a few habits to ensure that I remain in a space where I am connected to the vine, and I would like to invite you to join me in my #ChitimaDetoxChallenge.
I have named it Chitima, because that is a song from my second album and it prompts us to be organised and not be left behind. We have no time left and now more than ever we need to align and fulfil every purpose that God created us for. So this is what I will be doing this week to keep myself connected to the vine.
- Commanding my morning with some declarations. I want to be intentional about what I want to achieve and what better time to speak things into your life than in the morning. Be your own prophet and speak life to those dry bones. You have more power over your circumstances than you think.
- 42 km challenge (split over 6 days). I am a member of run/walk for life and I have joined this challenge so that I am up early every morning and energised to take on the tasks of the day. It also gives me some time to clear my thoughts, soak in some worship while I walk and be more focussed and alert to what the Spirit may have for me for that day. Set your own target, even just 1 km a day, but do something.
- Social media fast! I have committed to no social media until 1pm for the duration of the challenge. I have realised I spend so much unproductive time on various platforms and this time should be committed to things that bring revenue.
- Increase water intake. Water is life and its amazing what staying hydrated can do for our bodies. I am on at least 2 liters a day, and in this heat, Im sure my body will appreciate it.
- At least 30 minutes of praise and worship before I sleep. Just praise and worship, not asking for anything, not crying about anything, Just praising God for who He is.
- Dedicate 1 hour a day to perfecting a skill. In my case, playing the guitar. I haven’t been as committed as I should in this area and I need to rekindle my love for this by spending more time with Gitare. The more time you put into your skill, the better your craft and there are no mistakes there. Guaranteed success.
So if you want to do this with me, please join in and we can share our power points this week and see how we would have enjoyed these few shifts in our daily habits. To get different results, do things differently. I will also be sharing daily scriptures and some of my personal experiences that will encourage and give hope. Let’s do this!